Due to high interest at our tradeshows, the ME-186 may be up to 2 weeks lead time as we catch up on orders.
Sterndrive Installation Cart ME-186
The Sternmaster ME-186 Sterndrive/Outdrive Installation Cart is what we came up with after being asked by technician's to build a different style device for removing and installing lower units.
- Ease of Use: The low profile rolling frame is easy to push into place and make quick adjustments.
- Small footprint makes it easier to remove outdrives/sterndrives with limited space around the boat
- May not have to remove cooling lines or planing devices such as whale tails/hydrofoil fins connected to the cavitation plate
- At 58 lbs (without removable tray) it is also ideal for mobile servicing
- In addition to working with your average outdrives/stern drives, this works well with Volvo Penta’s cavitation plates and large outdrives such as the Mercury Bravo Three
- By raising to a comfortable height, this has been used as a service platform once the outdrive is removed
- Removable tray included to support oil pans, tools, parts, etc
- 5” rubber wheels roll over hoses and uneven surfaces quietly and easily
- Covered lifting forks eliminates possible paint damage to the outdrive
- Height adjustment of the support forks is from 14” off the ground to 40” high
- Clears most standard and aftermarket swim platforms
|Specifications - Sterndrive Installation Cart - ME-186 |
|Dimensions ||Length: 36 inches ||Width: 25.6 inches ||Height: 47 inches |
|Weight || 58 lbs without removable tray, 71 lbs with removable tray || |
|Materials || |
All carbon steel construction
Red/black powder coat finish
5" Rubber Wheels, 300 lb Capacity Each
Rubber coated end
|Shipping ||The ME-186 ships UPS Ground in a box. Please note the shipping quote at checkout is for a continental US business address. Call our Sales Team at 1-800-305-8117 if you are shipping to a residential address or internationally. |
To have a custom colored stand please order through our Sales Team at 1-800-305-8117.
|Red ||Red is the standard color. |
|Black ||Black is a custom color for this stand that will include a longer lead time, but no extra charge. |
|Other || |
Any other color is a custom order with a longer lead time and an extra charge based on the quantity ordered.
Customer Reviews - Rated 5/5 based on 1 customer reviews
By Daryl from Advantage Marine in Zeeland, MI
Their first piece of equipment that I had the chance to put to the test was their newest ME-186 Sterndrive/ Outdrive installation cart. This cart is awesome in so many ways!!!! Very lightweight, easy-to-use, and extremely maneuverable in even the tightest of spots.
I've used the other cart that was on the market for years. Does a great job, but was so hard sometimes to move around, especially in tight spots.
When doing service on vessels that are packed in tight, either in a building or yard, the ME-186 is perfect. It can easily slide by jackstands of vessels packed in tightly. Also, no more messing around with 3 separate, up, down, left right, then clamp it in maneuvers. Just slide the ME-186 into place, adjust your height, and slide it under the outdrive. They even added plastic protectors and their own design rubber material so that you won't scratch that brand new outdrive paint. Once the drive is removed and you want to service it, lift the drive higher, slide their pan under the drive and you can let the drive oil drain and still move the cart/drive where ever you need to go with it. It rolls so easily , even on gravel or ruff asphalt. They also have locks on their wheels that you can engage so it doesn't roll away on you.
It's a great piece of equipment that they have and a highly coveted cart at our shop!! Well worth the investment!!